Sunday, December 26, 2010

Technically Day 18

Today is Day 18 in of my Conan Fast and I have succeeded and failed in a lot of ways. Christmas and all of it's business has distracted me so much that within the past 2 weeks I have only had about 2 or 3 quiet times. I was also at my Grandmothers house for the past week which left me without internet. I wish I had done better but Its not a big deal I will continue on. Christmas is a simple yet complicated Holiday. It is simply the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ, but we've changed it into much more. We decided to make it about shopping and receiving gifts and having big family get together's, and a lot of the time it gets crazy, I know it did in my family. Leading up to Christmas our family time at my Grandmothers house was hectic, theres was tons of fighting and arguing mostly among my immediate family and it started to get crazy. When I start to pay more attention to these little arguments I start to realize just how they come about and it mostly has to do with us being self centered. being to quick to get angry, and too quick to get into conflict. A lot of times I try and make peace in my family specifically between my brother and sister but to be honest I think I'm horrible at it. Most of the times in trying to negotiate through arguments I end up taking a side which leads to putting down one of my siblings and honestly I really hate it. I wish there was some other way that I could get them to stop. I really wish there could be some peace in my family all the time. My wish was momentarily granted on Christmas eve. We all got into the car and drove to my Grandmas church which is small, rundown and predominantly Spanish speaking and listened to a couple of songs and a short sermon (or at least I did, my brother and sister don't really know Spanish). When it was over we all went back to my Grandmas house and did a small gift exchange, then got some gifts from my parents, and then some gifts from my uncle. When that was over we sat around and played bingo for a while, and then we all sat down and watched TV. That was it. There was nothing that was awesome, nothing so amazing and surprising that had never happened before, it was just peace, and I loved it. I wish every day could be peaceful but I don't know what to do. I feel as the oldest child there has to be something that I could do but I just don't know. Pray for me. I'm about to finish up 2 Corinthians but I don't know which chapter to do next. If you have any ideas go ahead and comment below, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment